Featured Post

Heckler & Koch HK4

The HK4 is a blow-back operated unlocked-breech semiautomatic pistol with a double-action trigger and an external hammer.  Its name is derived from the tool-free interchangeability of the four barrels in calibers 9mm Browning Short, 7.65mm Browning, 6.35mm Browning and .22 Long Rifle.  The gun cons…

The Rocket Sandwich

Post a Comment
I found the recipe for this
sandwich on This
Homemade Life
.  I was happy that I had some baby arugula sitting in my fridge and decided that this sandwich was going to be my lunch.  The arugula spread on this rocket sandwich is out of this world (I
couldn't help myself)!  I know I really love something when I'm eating
alone and yet I find myself talking out loud, telling someone who isn't really
there, how amazing my sandwich tastes.  It really was that good!












The Rocket Sandwich







Arugula Spread







2 cups packed arugula



1 clove garlic, peeled



Lemon juice, squeeze from half a
lemon




2 tablespoons olive oil



1/2 cup good quality parmesan
cheese




1/4 cup mayonnaise



Kosher salt and freshly ground
black pepper to taste








Eggs, cooked over easy



Tomato, sliced



Arugula



Wheat Ciabatta buns, cut in half
and lightly toasted








Blend arugula, a good squeeze of
lemon juice and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped.  Stream
in olive oil until well blended.  Transfer arugula mixture to a bowl and
stir in parmesan cheese and mayonnaise.  Season with kosher salt and
freshly ground black pepper to taste.  Spread arugula spread on cut
surfaces of the ciabatta bun.  Place a cooked egg on bottom half of bun
followed by sliced tomatoes, a sprinkle of good salt and some baby
arugula.  Place top half of bun on top of sandwich and bite into some
serious goodness!








Recipe from This Homemade Life

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter