Featured Post

Heckler & Koch HK4

The HK4 is a blow-back operated unlocked-breech semiautomatic pistol with a double-action trigger and an external hammer.  Its name is derived from the tool-free interchangeability of the four barrels in calibers 9mm Browning Short, 7.65mm Browning, 6.35mm Browning and .22 Long Rifle.  The gun cons…

Coconut Butter Granola

I love granola and
have been making the same granola for a really long time.  When I really
love something (like my granola), I sometimes have a hard time trying a new recipe because I know exactly how mine tastes and how much I like eating it (why
fix something that isn't broken, right?).  I came across this granola
recipe a few days ago and it caught my attention with words like coconut and butter
(two things that make me really happy).  I decided it was time to venture out and give
a new granola recipe a whirl and I'm so happy that I did!  While I will
forever love my granola, this granola has a slightly different texture and a
more pronounced coconutty taste (which I love).  While I was mixing it all
together, my kitchen smelled delightful (my eleven year old who was hanging
out in the kitchen said, "it smells so good in here!") and eating it was even better!












Coconut Granola





2 1/2 cups
old-fashioned rolled oats




1 cup chopped
almonds




1 cup unsweetened
coconut




1/2 cup ground
flaxseed




1/2 teaspoon salt



1/2 cup honey



1/3 cup coconut
butter (make your own, see here)




2 tablespoons
coconut oil (measure solid)




2 tablespoon
butter




1 tablespoon
vanilla extract






Preheat oven to
325 degrees.






In a large bowl
stir together oats, almonds, coconut, ground flaxseed and salt.  In a
small saucepan heat honey, coconut butter, coconut oil and butter over low
heat, stirring until melted and combined.  Remove from heat and add
vanilla; pour butter mixture over oat mixture and stir until combined and
equally moistened.






On a large baking
sheet, spread the granola evenly in a thin layer.  Bake for 10 minutes,
toss and bake 10 minutes more.  Toss again, and then bake for 10 minutes,
stirring every 3 minutes until the granola is golden brown.  Let granola
cool on the pan for about 1 hour.  Granola may be kept in an airtight
container at room temperature for up to 1 week.




I ate my granola with Greek Gods Honey Yogurt (which is evil in a it's so creamy and delicious, I can't stop eating it kind of way) and raspberries.


Recipe barely changed
from How
Sweet It Is



Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter