Featured Post

Heckler & Koch HK4

The HK4 is a blow-back operated unlocked-breech semiautomatic pistol with a double-action trigger and an external hammer.  Its name is derived from the tool-free interchangeability of the four barrels in calibers 9mm Browning Short, 7.65mm Browning, 6.35mm Browning and .22 Long Rifle.  The gun cons…

Pickled Jalapenos

Post a Comment
Noah loves it when I make anything pickled.  He just loves the smell of vinegar.  Bahahaha!  He actually hates it and even the pickle lover in me doesn't love the smell of vinegar fumes wafting through our house.  I of course am willing to suffer through the smell because I love all things pickle-y.  Every summer I grow jalapenos in our garden just so I can pickle them.  So here's to a smelly house and lots of pickled jalapenos.







Pickled Jalapenos



15 jalapenos, stemmed and sliced

2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced

3-4 pieces orange zest cut from stem to end of orange. (If I can get a strip that long, it's a miracle.)

1 cup distilled vinegar

1 cup water

4 tablespoons sugar

2 tablespoons kosher salt



Pack the jalapenos tightly in jar(s) adding pieces of the orange zest between the layers of the jalapenos.



Combine the vinegar, water, sugar, and kosher salt in a small saucepan. Drop in the garlic.  Heat over medium heat until sugar and salt have dissolved.  Pour the pickling liquid over jalapenos until covered.  Let cool to room temperature, then seal and refrigerate.



I like to use a little of the pickling liquid in salad dressings and will often add a splash when I make refried beans.

Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter