Featured Post

Heckler & Koch HK4

The HK4 is a blow-back operated unlocked-breech semiautomatic pistol with a double-action trigger and an external hammer.  Its name is derived from the tool-free interchangeability of the four barrels in calibers 9mm Browning Short, 7.65mm Browning, 6.35mm Browning and .22 Long Rifle.  The gun cons…

Roasted Zucchini, Black Bean and Goat Cheese Enchildas

I've never been a fan of
stronger cheeses.  I'm more of a mozzarella, Monterey jack kind of girl (I
know...boring).  The taste of feta or goat cheese (or heaven forbid any
type of blue) made my face scrunch up and left me reaching for a big glass of
water to wash down what I thought was a fairly unpleasant taste.  I really
love food and I really hated that I had a distaste for so many cheeses. 
It was really quite sad.  But, I'm happy to report that I have expanded my
cheese horizon and I'm getting better.  What I use to shun, I now enjoy
(in small amounts) and I feel happy about it!  These enchiladas were a hit
and inside I was laughing to myself because they were full of something my kids
hate, zucchini!










Roasted Zucchini, Black Bean and
Goat Cheese Enchiladas








4 cups 1/4" diced zucchini



3 teaspoons olive oil, divided



Zest from one lemon



Freshly ground black pepper



4 green onions, finely chopped



2 tablespoons finely chopped
cilantro




1 15-ounce can black beans,
rinsed and drained




5-ounces soft goat cheese,
reserving 1-ounce for the top of the enchiladas




10 corn tortillas



12-ounces red enchiladas sauce
(I used this recipe)




1 bunch of cilantro, chopped



2 avocados



Squeeze of lime







Preheat oven to 425 degrees
F.  Place the zucchini on a baking sheet, drizzle with 2 teaspoons of the
olive oil lemon zest and black pepper; toss everything together to coat. 
Spread in an even layer and roast on the middle rack for about 30 minutes or
until the edges are brown.  Remove to cool.  Turn the oven down to
375 degrees F.








In a large mixing bowl, combine
the green onions, cilantro and black beans.  Add the cooled zucchini and
toss everything together very gently.  Over a burner or on your grill,
lightly char or grill both sides of the tortillas.








In an oven proof rectangular
dish, pour 1/2 cup or the enchiladas sauce to cover the bottom of the
dish.  Working with one tortilla at a time, fill it with a heaping 1/4 cup
of the filling.  Top zucchini mixture with some crumbled goat cheese and
roll up.  Lay it in the baking dish seam side down.  Continue with
remaining tortillas, squeezing the enchiladas in tight.  Brush the tops of
the tortillas with the remaining olive oil.  Pour the remaining enchiladas
sauce over the top of enchiladas and sprinkle with reserved goat cheese on
top.  Bake for 20 minutes until warmed through and the top are just
crisp.  Allow the enchiladas to cool for 5 minutes before serving.








Top with chopped cilantro, diced
avocado and a squeeze of lime.








Recipe slightly adapted
from Sprouted
Kitchen

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter