Featured Post

Heckler & Koch HK4

The HK4 is a blow-back operated unlocked-breech semiautomatic pistol with a double-action trigger and an external hammer.  Its name is derived from the tool-free interchangeability of the four barrels in calibers 9mm Browning Short, 7.65mm Browning, 6.35mm Browning and .22 Long Rifle.  The gun cons…

Smashed Avocado and Chickpea Sandwich

I love this sandwich!  A
perfectly ripe avocado is one of my favorite things.  I love cutting into
one and twisting the two halves to reveal its beautiful green color.  Ooooh, I just love it!  Besides the color, I also love an
avocado in all its different forms (sliced, smashed, made into guacamole or
eaten straight from the skin (peel, whatever it is).  I also am quite fond
of chickpeas.  I especially love them when they are made into hummus or
used for Chana Masala, yum! This sandwich is full of flavors that I love,
cilantro, lime juice, green onions and of course, a good sprinkle of
salt.  This sandwich is awesome and despite the somewhat tedious process
of taking the skins off the chickpeas, I will make this sandwich again and
again.  (Next time, I will recruit my kidlets to remove the chickpea
skins.  Hey, they may even think it's fun!)










Smashed Avocado and Chickpea
Sandwich








1 15-ounce can chickpeas



1 large ripe avocado



1/4 cup cilantro, chopped



2 tablespoons chopped green
onions




Juice from 1 lime



Salt and freshly ground black
pepper




Bread of choice



Tomato, sliced







Rinse and drain the
chickpeas.  Remove the outer skins of the chickpeas and place in a medium
sized bowl and smash chickpeas with a fork.  Add the avocado to the
chickpeas and smash some more to combine.  Add cilantro, green onions, and
lime juice and stir to combine.  Season with salt and freshly ground black
pepper, to taste.








Spread chickpea/avocado mixture
on top to lightly toasted bread.  Top with sliced tomatoes, salt, and
pepper.  Garnish with a sprinkle of green onions and cilantro.








This recipe comes from Two
Peas and Their Pod






Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter