Featured Post

Heckler & Koch HK4

The HK4 is a blow-back operated unlocked-breech semiautomatic pistol with a double-action trigger and an external hammer.  Its name is derived from the tool-free interchangeability of the four barrels in calibers 9mm Browning Short, 7.65mm Browning, 6.35mm Browning and .22 Long Rifle.  The gun cons…

Crunch Kale and Green Apple Salad

Yesterday my good friend and
neighbor called to see if I had any tahini that she could borrow for a salad
dressing she was making.  Almost as quick as she had come to get the
tahini, her little Elle was back on my doorstep with my tahini and a crazy good
salad in hand (I have the best neighbors).  The remainder of the day and
into the following morning, I couldn't get that salad out of my head.  I
was craving it!  I had to have it and so I did, for lunch (and dinner
too). 












Crunchy Kale and Green Apple
Salad








4 cups kale, washed, trimmed,
and shredded (I used baby kale)




2 cups red cabbage, shredded



2 cups green cabbage, shredded



2 Granny Smith apples, julienned



1 cup almonds, roughly chopped



1 cup raisins







In a large bowl combine kale,
red cabbage, green cabbage, apple, almonds, and raisins.  Pour the dressing
over the salad and toss to coat.  Serve.








Maple Orange Tahini Dressing







2 oranges, juice of (1/2 cup)



1 tablespoon pure maple syrup



3 tablespoons tahini



Pinch of salt



1/3 cup olive oil



Lemon juice to taste







Combine the orange juice, maple
syrup, tahini, and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl and whisk together. 
Slowly drizzle the olive oil into the bowl in a steady stream constantly
whisking.  Add lemon juice to taste.  Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.








I halved this recipe and ate it
for lunch and dinner and finished it off.








Recipe slightly adapted from Use Real
Butter


Related Posts

There is no other posts in this category.

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter