Featured Post

Heckler & Koch HK4

The HK4 is a blow-back operated unlocked-breech semiautomatic pistol with a double-action trigger and an external hammer.  Its name is derived from the tool-free interchangeability of the four barrels in calibers 9mm Browning Short, 7.65mm Browning, 6.35mm Browning and .22 Long Rifle.  The gun cons…

Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing

Post a Comment
I hate (that may be a strong
word, but it's true) most bottled ranch dressings.  For as long as I can
remember, my Mom and Grandma have used the Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch
packets to make ranch dressing and so when I make ranch, that's what I have
always used.  About a month ago, I decided to make my own ranch
dressing (actually Guy Fieri's ranch dressing) for a loaded baked potato pizza
we were having for dinner.  It was so flavorful and yummy that I may have
a hard time going back to my stand by ranch packets (except for when we eat taco
salad with Nalley Chili, anything else wouldn't seem right).














Homemade Buttermilk Ranch
Dressing








1/2 cup buttermilk



1/3 cup sour cream



1/2 cup mayonnaise



3/4-1 teaspoon salt



1/2 teaspoon freshly ground
black pepper




2 teaspoons white vinegar



1/2 teaspoon dried dill



2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf
parsley




3 tablespoons chopped chives



2 or 3 garlic cloves, grated
with a microplane








In a medium bowl, combine all
the ingredients and blend well with an immersion blender (or blend all
ingredients in a blender).  Blend it just enough to blend the ingredients
well, but not well enough that there are no signs of any fresh herbs being in
the dressing.








Recipe adapted from Guy
Fieri's Buttermilk Ranch Dressing recipe


Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter